I spent a large chunk of my weekend organizing all of my magazine-clipped recipes. It all began when I removed the ornaments from my tree and had to find space in the closet to store all of my Christmas decor.
I pulled down a big tub of random stuff from the top shelf of my closet and began to sort through to throw out anything not absolutely vital to my existance. In doing so, I came across this mask. It's a beautiful mask. In fact, it's like like $150 beautiful. Yeah, why do I own such a ridiculously expensive mask? Poor decision making.
A number of years ago, my best friend and I decided to attend a masquerade at a local club. We were really into theme nights, so when the opportunity came up to participate in a masked event, we were there. We went to Boston Costume in Chinatown to find sexy masks and wigs. Nothing was quite satisfactory enough for me, except the really lovely ones behind the counter. I knew that the chance I'd ever wear it again was slim to none, but I couldn't say no to the hand-crafted, glittery, gradient airbrushed mask. So I didn't.
I bought a super curly, purple wig that stood a half foot off the top of my head. I should have been dancing around the court of Marie Antoinette, not heading into a fetish masquerade at TT the Bear's.
Out of sheer guilt and continued fascination with the mask, I still have it, sitting carefully wrapped and boxed in my closet, just waiting for the day when it's called back to action.
Pages
Sunday, January 9, 2011
January 9th, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment