Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 31st, 2011


Making Cocktails

Later in the day I began my quest to make fancy cocktails. With the intention of having a "Floridian Vacation At Home" which involved, turning up the heater, lounging in my bathing suit and listening to Bob Marley with a fruity cocktail in hand, I had originally purchased some Malibu Rum Pre-Mixed Rum Punch in a bag. I was really just drawn in by booze-in-a-bag with a spout. Like box wine. But booze. How could I resist? Well, I certainly would have if someone had told me how gross it was. The punch was grimace-inducing strong with the out of place coconut aftertaste. I know its Malibu, but I just expect it to work. It didn't.

So I was left to my own devices with my fancy Absolut bottle, fresh fruit and herbs. I'd gone a bit crazy and purchased large bunches of mint, basil and dill for my cooking and salads this week. A bit more than necessary. But the mint and basil were perfect for my favorite cocktails! So I muddled up some fresh herbs, limes, berries and mixed them in various ways with (diet!) tonic water and vodka. They were divine. Mmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment